Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Type G film?

  1. #1
    DigitalAnalog
    Guest DigitalAnalog's Avatar

    Post

    I recently purchased a GAF camera, but it requires "Type G" Super 8 film. It seems that the available films out there are all "Type A" films. What is one to do?

    Tony Whaley

  2. #2
    gaspode
    Guest gaspode's Avatar

    Post

    I thought 'Type-A' only refered to it being Tungsten balanced?

    ------------------
    'Cause of death... at this time, unknown...'
    'Unknown? What the..? He's had his fuckin' head sliced off!'

  3. #3
    Hanthx
    Guest Hanthx's Avatar

    Talking

    Type G film is the old Ektachrome, no worries mate, your camera should still either take kodachrome and ektachrome plus the black and white.

    Scott

    ------------------

  4. #4
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gaspode:
    I thought 'Type-A' only refered to it being Tungsten balanced?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Type A refers to film balanced for 3400K light. Type B would be film balanced for 3200K light. Type G is a crappy experiment that Kodak stuck us with since the 70's as it isn't really balanced for anything in particular and was supposed to work in all kinds of lighting conditions. I guess it worked as planned since it sucks just as much in daylight as it does in tungsten!

    Roger

    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  5. #5
    DigitalAnalog
    Guest DigitalAnalog's Avatar

    Post

    Thank you all for the answers! I work with video primarily, so Super 8mm is a new adventure for me. I really appreciate it!

    Tony Whaley

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •